Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cleaning and Organizing

Well, today Mike had to work a double shift so I had lots of time to clean. I worked in the craft room today. I love it when things are cleaned up and really love it when I have put every thing in its place. Clutter stifles my creativity and can make me grouchy. I am more creative when I have simplicity around me. Simplicity, I like that word. God has been dealing with me the past few months to simplify my life. It is not hard to understand because He is a God of order. Psalm 37:23 says,

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delights in his way."

Also in 1 Corinthians 14:33 says,

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace..."

Peace, another good word, and it is even better when peace reigns in your heart. Walking in the "love of God" keeps peace in our hearts. Peace is a deep knowing that He who has promised is faithful to us always. When we are tempted to walk outside the boundaries of the word, God gives us an escape route. (1 Corinthians 10:13) His word has an answer to every problem we will ever face and His love is unconditional. Jesus said in Luke 11:9-13,

" And I say unto you, Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
For everyone that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened.
If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish give him a serpent?
Or if he ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
If you then, being evil know how yo give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?"

Thank you Lord for faith, hope, love and peace. It sustains me day by day.
I will say of the Lord, He is my hope and my salvation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog! It's very uplifting as I am reading it. Thanks you for sharing it with me and allowing to read it.