Friday, December 12, 2008

Still isn't easy.

Well, I have posted a few times and it isn't any easier to do. As I have said previously, I have notebooks (many, many) full of things I have written. I have Bible notes and sermons, thankful lists, make life better lists, journal writings to my grand-daughters, poetry I have written and other things. It is never a problem to write a few lines. But writing in a blog is not so easy for me to do. For one thing I'm not sure if anything I have to say is interesting to anyone else but me. (maybe that is the key it should be written for me.) Having said that I know that other people will be reading it. My purpose for blogging has been to be an encouragement to others.We all need encouragement and kind words spoken. In Proverbs 25:11 God says,

"A word fitly spoken and in due season is like apples of gold in settings of silver."

Ephesians 4:31 instructs us to,

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you."

And in Proverbs 15:1 King Solomon says,

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."

When we pattern our lives after Jesus and walk with Him we can live in love and peace. We all want to be loved and we all want to live our lives in peace. In Him we have it all.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures." (James 1:17-18)

No comments: