Monday, September 28, 2009

He is our ever present help in times of trouble.

I have been reading a Bible study book by Elizabeth George called "Quiet Confidence for a Woman's Heart." I will be leading a study of this book soon for a small group of my friends. The book takes you through 12 life-changing truths God wants us to know from the twenty third Psalm.

David loved and trusted God right where he was at, as a shepherd boy that killed Goliath with a sling shot and finally as King of Israel. God was faithful to David and met him right where he was at. Psalms 25: 20-21 says:

"O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.

Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee."

This is just two of many verses penned by David as he walked in relationship each day with God. Where are you today? What is your station in life? Are you married, single, a mother, or grandmother? Do you work in an office, a factory, drive a bus, or is your title "stay at home mom"? Where ever you might be right now...God loves you with an everlasting love. The Bible says in Hebrews 13:5-6

"...for He hath said, I will never leave thee or forsake thee.

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I shall not fear what man shall do unto me."

Psalms 23:4 says:

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

"I will fear no evil." Why...because our loving Shepherd is ever near and watchful. Jeremiah 1:12 says:

"Then said the Lord unto me, thou hast well seen: for I will hasten My Word to perform it."

This means, that God watches over , looks after, protects, and stands behind His Word to bring it to pass. God meets us and is with us in every trial and tribulation that we go through. Psalms 34:19 says,

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all."

He is the great I AM. He says, "I AM everything that you will ever need. I do not leave you defenseless." God the Father sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross for us. Before He died He spoke the words, "It is finished." The original Greek word "teleo" in the Strong's concordance means, "to end, complete, execute, conclude, discharge (a debt)- accomplish, make an end, expire, fill up, finish, pay, and perform." Satan was defeated forevermore. It is our responsibility, as children of God, to enforce that defeat over him, by our prayers, our praises to God, and speaking God's Word out of our mouths, in faith. We have the Holy Spirit that is our Helper, and Comforter. He speaks wisdom and knowledge to our hearts and minds. He shows us the way to go in any given situation.

Psalms 23:3
"He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake."

Psalms 119:105
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

Psalms 119:130
"The entrance of thy words gives light; it gives understanding unto the simple."

There is a song written in 1939 by E. M. Bartlett, called "Victory in Jesus". The chorus reads:

O Victory in Jesus
My Savior forever
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood.
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.

I Corinthians 15:57
"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

I say, "be it unto me as He has said." Amen.

No comments: